The City of Cupertino is accepting nominations from community members for the 2021 Crest Awards.
For more than 30 years, the awards program has recognized outstanding community volunteers in Cupertino for their efforts in volunteering, sustainability, and public safety. Many residents and community organizations have been honored with the award, now known as the CREST (Cupertino Recognizes Extra Steps Taken) Awards.
For the past three years, the City has presented awards in the following six categories:
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Volunteer) – Recognizes a member of the community who has volunteered in the City of Cupertino for 10+ years.
- Volunteer of the Year – Recognizes individuals who have made a difference to the Cupertino community through volunteer service.
- Organization of the Year – Recognizes organizations that have made a difference to the Cupertino community through volunteer service.
- Rising Star Award (Volunteer) – Recognizes an individual who has volunteered in Cupertino for three or less years but shows a continued commitment to the future of the Cupertino community.
- Public Safety Champion of the Year – Recognizes an individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution to the safety of Cupertino.
- Sustainability Champion of the Year – Recognizes a person or group committed to maintaining a sustainable and healthy place to live, work, and play in Cupertino.
The deadline to nominate someone is Friday, February 26, 2021 at 4:30 pm. Current Cupertino City Councilmembers, Commissioners, and staff members cannot be nominated. Finalists will be shared with all nominators in April 2021.
Information on past nominees can be found here. For more information on how to nominate someone for the Crest Awards, click here.