Drive through and drop off your unwanted recyclable items at the Shredding & Environmental Recycling event.
The City’s fourth Environmental Recycling Day and Shredding Event will be held at De Anza College on Oct. 14 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Below is a list of acceptable and unacceptable materials to discard.
- Confidential documents for shredding – two box limit
- Yard Waste (processed for compost)
- Reusable furniture, clothing and shoes (for donation; NO dirty, broken, stained or torn furniture)
- Children’s plastic toys and play structures (for recycling)
- U-Waste (batteries, cell phones, compact fluorescent bulbs and fluorescent tubes)
- E-Waste (computers, monitors and printers, etc.)
- Kitchen Appliances that do not contain Freon (acceptable items: washer, dryers, non freon refrigerators, microwaves, toasters).
- No products containing toxic chemicals: (paints, pesticides, fertilizers)
- No painted or treated wood
- No Mattresses; and no furniture that is broken, torn, stained or dirty
- No Kitchen Appliances that contain Freon
The goal of this event is to prevent valuable resources from going to the landfill. For more information, click here.