Nominations are now open for Cupertino’s CREST (Cupertino Recognizes Extra Steps Taken) awards through March 12. The city has recognized hundreds of its outstanding community members through its awards program over the past 30 years.
The city encourages the community to submit nominations for the following six categories:
- Lifetime Achievement – Recognizes a member of the community who has volunteered in the City of Cupertino for over 10 years.
- Volunteer of the Year – Recognizes individuals who have made a difference to the Cupertino community through volunteer service.
- Organization of the Year – Recognizes organizations that have made a difference to the Cupertino community through volunteer service.
- Rising Star of the Year: Recognizes an individual who has volunteered in Cupertino for three or less years but shows a continued commitment to the future of the Cupertino community.
- Public Safety Champion of the Year: Recognizes an individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution to the safety of Cupertino.
- Sustainability Champion of the Year: Recognizes a person or group committed to maintaining a sustainable and healthy place to live, work, and play in Cupertino.
Award criteria and nomination requirements can be found on the CREST Awards Nomination Form. Any additional questions can be sent to Communications Officer Esther Kwon at firstname.lastname@example.org.