Want to beast nachos and watch “the big game,” enjoy a sophisticated evening of jazz, learn how to make romantic cocktails, or speed date to find a last-minute Valentine’s date? Look no further. Read on to explore local events in the Bay Area catering to a range of interests this weekend. Have an event you’d like to share? Send us a tip.
- Rosie McCann’s Super Bowl Watch Party
- Where: Rosie McCann’s Irish Pub, 355 Santana Row, Suite 1060, San Jose
- When: Sunday, February 13, 3-11:30 p.m.
- Rosie McCann’s Irish Pub is hosting a Super Bowl party this Sunday featuring surround sound, HD screens, special game day menus, and an after-party with a DJ and music. Admission is free but spaces are limited. Make a reservation by calling 408-247-1706 or emailing email@example.com. Learn more about the event here.
- Roget Bar & Restaurant Super Bowl Watch Party
- Where: Roger Bar & Restaurant, 800 Moffett Blvd, Mountain View
- When: Sunday, February 13, 4 p.m.-midnight,
- Watch the Super Bowl, devour wings and nachos, and enjoy Happy Hour specials this weekend. Learn more here.
- Art & Jazz Valentine’s Event
- When: Friday, February 11, 6-8:45 p.m.
- Where: Schultz Cultural Arts Hall, Oshman Family JCC, 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto
- The Schultz Arts Hall lobby will be hosting an artist reception from 6-7 p.m. Friday evening followed by a jazzy Valentine’s concert from 7:15-8:45 p.m. The reception will feature intriguing art exhibits by sculptor, photographer, and assemblage artist, Dan Lythcott-Haims who will be in attendance. You can also sample chocolates and wine in the courtyard prior to the jazz concert. Then, jazz vocalist, Noa Levy, will sing alongside a trio of Bay Area jazz musicians in English, French, Portuguese and Hebrew. Register and learn more here.
- Modern Speed-Dating – Valentine’s tickets
- When: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 7-8 p.m.
- Where: online
- This Bay Area speed-dating event gives local singles an opportunity to meet their match – or just a Valentine’s date. Participants will download an app in advance to register for the event, then will be matched with other singles for periods of about ten minutes to get to know one another. Learn more here.
- Couples Dance Night
- When: Monday, February 14 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Where: 120 South El Camino Real, Millbrae
- Grab your special someone And learn the romantic dances of Rumba and Salsa this Valentine’s Day. This event is for couples only and partners will not be rotated. Learn more here.
- Mixology Class
- When: Monday, February 14, 7-9 p.m.
- Where: City Of Cocktail, 1046 Metro Circle, Palo AltoSign up for City of Cocktail’s Valentine’s mixology class. You will learn how to make five different cocktails, and you can drink them if you wish, Fancy glassware, professional bar tools, ingredients, and snacks will all be provided. Sign up with a partner today here.
- Hearts and Hands Valentine’s Day Open House – bring the kids
- When: Saturday, February 17, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: 1353 West Hedding Street, San Jose
- Join Hearts and Hands in San Jose for a Valentine’s Day Open House with arts and crafts, a photo booth, and light refreshments. This event is for children 2-5 to explore their creativity and for parents to tour the school. Learn more here.