With the school year back underway across most of the West Valley, families continue attempting the impossible balance between work demands, their children’s schoolwork, and any semblance of standard family structures.
While the spread of COVID-19 seems to be slowing somewhat in Santa Clara County, when schools might reopen is unclear.
Parents and students have a wide range of questions, not just about COVID, but also about grading and standardized tests.
To address some of these questions and concerns, the Cupertino-Sunnyvale League of Women Voters is hosting a panel discussion. Featured speakers include local superintendents, parents, and teachers’ union representatives.
Set for Wednesday, September 9, the virtual panel runs from 7 to 9 p.m.
Panelists, as of Friday, include the following local education leaders:
- Polly Bove, Fremont Union High School District Superintendent
- Michael Gallagher, Sunnyvale School District Superintendent
- Michelle Maginot, Sunnyvale School District Board President
- Lori Cunningham, Cupertino Union School District Board President
- Jason Heskett, Fremont Education Association Union President