Despite air-quality issues, increased access to COVID-19 testing continues this week. According to local health officials, there are more than 50 COVID-19 testing sites in Santa Clara County.
Officials reiterated the importance of testing, even as fire smoke makes for challenging conditions region-wide.
“Unfortunately, COVID-19 does not take a break during fire emergencies. The county continues to provide free, easy, and quick turnaround testing for the public,” said Dr. Marty Fenstersheib, the county’s COVID-19 Testing Officer.
Testing is available both by appointment and at walk-up sites. All testing is free and does not require insurance, symptoms, or a doctor referral.
Pop-up sites do not require an appointment but instead give out wristbands for hour-long time slots later in the day. Supplies remain limited so organizers recommend showing up early to get a wristband slot. To see what the testing experience is like at a pop-up site, see the county video here.
- San Jose – Overfelt High School Gym – 1835 Cunningham Ave, 95122
- Tuesday 8/25 to Friday 8/28, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday 8/29, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Gilroy – South County Annex – 9300 Wren Ave., 95020
- Tuesday 8/25 to Friday 8/28, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appointment-based sites open their calendars three days before the testing date. To schedule an appointment at a site below click here. The county hopes to have results within 3-7 days.
- San Jose Fairgrounds – Parking Lot A across from Main Entrance, Tully Rd., 95111
- Tuesday 8/25 to Friday 8/28, 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday 8/29, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunnyvale – Murphy Park, 260 N Sunnyvale Ave., 94086
- Monday 8/24, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Morgan Hill – Council Chamber, 17555 Peak Ave., 95037
- Tuesday 8/25, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Santa Clara – Central Park Library, 2635 Homestead Rd., 95051
- Wednesday 8/26, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saratoga – Friendship Hall, 19841 Prospect Rd., 95070
- Thursday 8/27, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Palo Alto – Art Center Auditorium, 1313 Newell Rd., 94303
- Friday, 8/28, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.