Cupertino honored some outstanding community members this week, sadly without the fanfare of normal times.
The “Cupertino Recognizes Extra Steps Taken” or CREST awards honor those who have made extraordinary contributions to the community. Normally, the honors are bestowed at a gala event, but that was scrapped given COVID-19 restrictions.
Each year, the city recognizes residents and community members who have made inspiring efforts in the realms of volunteering, technology, sustainability, and public safety. Fellow community members nominated deserving individuals.
The CREST Awards winners for 2020 are as follows:
- Lifetime Achievement: Roberta Hollimon
- Lifetime Achievement (posthumous): Susan Kwok
- Volunteer of the Year: Ankit Lakkapragada
- Rising Star: Lackshminaryanan Family
- Public Safety Champion: Judy Halchin
- Sustainability Champion: Silicon Valley Clean Energy
- Innovator of the Year: Seventh Graders Aaron, Jason, Naoka, Nathan, and Ryan
For more details about CREST, click here.