A pair of flyovers midday Monday will honor frontline workers in the COVID-19 pandemic. It also comes as the country honors Memorial Day and those lost in military service protecting the nation.
The California Air National Guard 129th Rescue Wing flyovers will feature one HC-130J Combat King II aircraft and two HH-60G Pave Hawk rescue helicopters.
Both flyovers will pass over medical facilities across the Bay Area. An aircraft will also do flyovers in the Central Valley and Salinas Valley on Monday.
Departing from Moffett Air National Guard Base in Mountain View, the aircraft should be above Los Gatos, Campbell, and Sunnyvale between 12:45 and 1 p.m. on Monday.
Local medical facilities and approximate flyover times are listed below.
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center – 12:30
- Valley Health Center East Valley – 12:32
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose – 12:32
- Valley Health Center Downtown – 12:34
- Santa Clara County Sheriff – 12:34
- Kaiser Permanente San Jose – 12:42
- El Camino Hospital Los Gatos – 12:46
- Good Samaritan Hospital – 12:49
- Valley Health Center Moorpark – 12:51
- O’Connor Hospital – 12:52
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara – 12:53
- El Camino Hospital Mountain View – 12:55
- VA Palo Alto – 12:57
- Stanford Hospital – 12:58
Monday’s flyover follows the 144th Fighter Wing’s flyover in mid-May with four F-15C jets.