Local hospitals are doing their best to prepare for a crush of patients suffering from COVID-19 in coming days and weeks, beyond the numbers they are already seeing across the region.
Doctors and nurses are in desperate need of personal protective equipment, including face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfectants, as supply chains have either broken down completely or are facing massive backlogs across the country.
In our region, a number of hospitals are seeking donations, though most have relatively stringent requirements on what they can or will accept. The website DonatePPE, named the personal protective equipment, has been listing hospitals across the country and what each is seeking.
A list of local hospitals, as of Thursday, March 26, accepting donations, is below.
- Regional Medical
Center of San Jose
- N95 masks, PAPR Hoods PAPR Gowns
- Call: 855-815-3859
- Gloves, isolation gowns, hard goggles, eye shields, shoe covers, nurse caps, disinfecting wipes, masks
- Email email@example.com to schedule
- VA Palo Alto
- Masks, gloves, gowns, N-95 masks, face shields, antibacterial materials
- Submit to Mental Health Staff at Building 520; call 510-334-9909
- Valley Medical Center
- N95 masks, surgical masks, face shields, gowns, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, thermometers, gloves
- Call or email before delivering 408-885-5299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bulk quantities of medical supplies or products, including n95 masks, surgical masks, face shields, glvoes, and gowns
Sutter Santa Clara
- N95 masks, respirators, surgical masks, procedure masks, isolation gowns, paper masks, paper protective gowns, face shields, impermeable smocks, protective glasses
- Call 844-987-6099