As events large and small react to the spread of COVID-19 in our region, many are being force to cancel – particularly following Monday’s guidance from County health officials.
In response to coronavirus concerns, Cupertino has decided to postpone its annual FitFest, which was scheduled for Saturday, March 14.
The free event gives residents “the opportunity to try out a variety of fitness classes offered by the City” at its Quinlan Community Center, Senior Center, or Sports Center. The original schedule had 15 classes scheduled, along with a raffle and demonstrations.
While a new date has not yet been stated, it is not the last Cupertino event that will be pushed back because of COVID-19, which caused the death of a Santa Clara County woman on Monday.
As of guidance from Monday, March 9, the City of Cupertino has postponed or canceled the following events:
- Block Party Planning (Postponed)
- Coffee Talks (Canceled)
- Cultures of the World – Italy (Canceled)
- Cultures of the World – Japan (Canceled)
- Earth and Arbor Day Festival (Canceled)
- Egg Hunt (Canceled)
- Fit Fest (Postponed)
- <hack> Cupertino (Postponed)
- Holi (Postponed to date certain: May 9, 2020)
- Kid Fit (Postponed)
- NASA Speaker Series (Postponed)
- WAFU Ikebana Society Flower Show (Canceled)
To see Cupertino’s COVID-19 information page, click here.