At a celebration event Monday night, TheatreWorks announced the shows it will bring to the West Valley between July 2020 and June 2021.
A wide range of shows is on deck for the upcoming season, the 51st for TheatreWorks:
- July 8 – August 2, 2020: Queen – a drama about the collapse of bee colonies
- August 26 – September 20, 2020: Hershey Felder as Monsieur Chopin
- October 7 – November 1, 2020: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner – a retelling of the classic story
- December 2 – 27, 2020: Sense and Sensibility – the humor filled British period piece
- January 13 – February 7, 2021: The Lifespan of a Fact – the Broadway hit about fact checking
- March 10 – April 4, 2021: Nan and the Lower Body – adapted from the New Works Festival
- April 7 – May 2, 2021: Man of La Mancha – the inspirational musical
- June 2 – 27, 2021: Having Our Say – The Delany Sisters’ First 100 Years – telling the story of Sadie and Bessie Delany, two centenarians
Performances will run at either the Mountain View Center for Performing Arts, 500 Castro St. in Mountain View, or the Lucie Stern Theatre, 1305 Middlefield Rd. in Palo Alto.
Individual show tickets will go on sale in early June. Season subscriptions, either to all eight shows or for tailored packages of a smaller subset are available now.
TheatreWorks is still in the midst of its 2019-20 season, with The Pianist of Willesden Lane playing at the Mountain View Center for Performing Arts through Sunday, February 16. Additionally, this season has They Promised Her The Moon from March 4-29, Ragtime from April 1-May 3, and The Book of Will from June 3-28. Tickets for those shows are available here.
To see more on the shows or to purchase subscriptions, click here.