Summer is in full swing and while the end of the school year is only just in the rear view mirror, Fourth of July celebrations are right on the doorstep.
Across the West Valley, a number of communities are set to host Fourth of July celebrations for residents, in addition to the countless barbecue gatherings, pool parties, and hiking and biking adventures that are surely on the docket for local families.
A rundown of some of the area Fourth of July activities is below. Did we miss something? Let us know at email@example.com.
- 7:30 a.m.
to 11 a.m. – Pancake Breakfast
- Quinlan Community Center: 10185 N Stelling Rd.
- $9 for adults, $6 for children 12 and under
- 9 a.m. to
11:30 a.m. – Children’s Carnival
- Memorial Park: 21121 Stevens Creek Blvd.
- 9:30 a.m.
– Flag Raising
- Veterans Memorial in Memorial Park
- 10 a.m. –
- Memorial Park
- 10 a.m.
to 5 p.m. – Free Swimming
- Blackberry Farm: 21979 San Fernando Ave.
a.m. to 12 p.m. – Summer Concert in the Park
- Memorial Park Amphitheater
9:30 p.m. – Fireworks
- Launched from the field behind Hyde Middle School
- Viewing areas: Creekside Community Church (10505 Miller Ave.), Creekside Park (10455 Miller Ave.), Sedgewick Elementary (19200 Phil Ln.), or on Miller Ave. between Bollinger Rd. and Phil Ln.
Los Altos & Los Altos Hills
- 10 a.m. –
11th Annual Los Altos Hills Parade
- The route starts at Fremont Road near the Town Hall and concludes at Gardner Bullis School (25890 Fremont Rd.)
a.m. – Los Altos Glorious 4th Festival
- Shoup Park: 400 University Ave.
- The event is free to attend, but food and activities may require cash. Ye Olde Towne Band and the Unicorns will perform live.
- 11 a.m.
to 4 p.m. – Symphony in the Park
- Oak Meadow Park: 233 Blossom Hill Rd.
- Activities include face painting, games, a beer and wine garden, food trucks, and a performance by the San Jose Wind Symphony
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. – Boating Activities, BBQs, and Fireworks Viewing at Shoreline Park
- Shoreline Park and Lake: 3160 N Shoreline Blvd.
- Online registration required for boat rentals, barbecue spaces, and access passes.
- 8 p.m. – Fireworks Spectacular with the San Francisco Symphony
- Shoreline Amphitheatre: 1 Amphitheatre Pkwy.
- As of publication time, tickets to this event are sold out.
- 12 p.m.
to 5 p.m. – 38th Annual Chili Cook Off and Summer Festival
- Mitchell Park: 600 East Meadow Dr.
- Tickets are $5 and include five tastings. They are available here.
- 12 p.m.
to 10 p.m. – All-City Picnic and Fireworks
- Central Park: 909 Kiely Blvd.
- There will be a number of events throughout the day, including live music, a flag dedication, carnival games, face painting, and free swimming at the International Swim Center. Food trucks begin serving at 3 p.m.
- The fireworks will begin at approximately 9:30 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – Rose, White, and Blue Parade
- The route begins at Lincoln High School (555 Dana Ave.) and continues northwest on Dana Ave., turns right on Naglee Ave., and turns right on The Alameda before finishing at the intersection of The Alameda and Pershing Ave.
- The picnic and festival area is at the end of the parade route with various vendors, booths, and food trucks.
- 12 p.m. to 10 pm. – Family Fun 4th at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
- Santa Clara County Fairgrounds: 344 Tully Rd.
- The event, which features kids activities and fireworks, is free to veterans and military servicemembers, with valid ID. Tickets for general attendance are available here.
- 3 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. – 6th Annual Almaden Family Fun Festival and Fireworks Show
- Almaden Lake Park: 6099 Winfield Blvd.
- Fireworks begin 30 minutes after sunset, approximately 9:05 p.m.
- There will be a number of performances and activities including a costume contest and patriotic music. Food vendors will be located in the 5949 Winfield Blvd. parking lot.
- 10 p.m. – Rotary Club Fireworks Show
- Discovery Meadow: 180 Woz Way